Carnelian 1/2 inch - 1 inch colorful cube
CARNELIAN is an orange-colored variety of Chalcedony, a mineral of the Quartz family. Its name comes from a Latin word meaning "flesh."
CARNELIAN supports the lower three chakras and can help us stay balanced and anchored to the here and now. It is associated with courage, passion, vitality, and creativity. Also known as a love stone, carnelian supports healthy relationships, keeping jealousy and possessiveness at bay while supporting healthy sexual relations and aiding your efforts to heal any sexual issues.
metaphysical properties are for informational purposes only and do not replace the advice of medical professionals
Crystal Wear & Care
Crystal Wear & Care
Crystal stones are hard but can also be delicate. It is best to treat your pieces with care.
Some stones are not water soluble and will deteriorate if exposed to moisture. It is recommended to not get your stones wet.
- Do not wash them in water or solutions.
- Do not swim, bathe or go to the sauna with your jewelry on.
- Be mindful when washing your hands and around other liquids, lotions and perfumes.
If your crystals get dusty, use a damp cloth on anything with a Moh's hardness of 5 and above. For those under 4.5, just use a soft, dry towel or blow some air into the crevices.
For energetic purposes, it is best not to sleep with your jewelry on. You can place it beside your bed.
Many stones are protective and will absorb negative energy, sometimes it’s yours. It is wise to occasionally “cleanse” your crystal. There are many ways to do this.
- Put it in the sun (not direct sun, some gems fade).
- Put it under the moonlight.
- Bury it in the yard, no kidding – some people do this.
- Place it on a selenite tray or bowl (see our selenite collection).
- Put it aside for a day or longer.
- Expose your jewelry to high vibrational music. That’s right, put it on a speaker… rock it out, feel the vibes. Or perhaps play some crystal singing bowls.
Some believe that the stones hold their own energy and do not need to be cleansed. Do what feels right to you. Just please do not wash them in water or solutions.
If your piece has elastic string, roll it on and off to prevent overstretching of the string. Too much pulling when putting on or removing your jewelry will weaken the string.
You are welcome to contact us with any questions you may have.
Metaphysical properties are for informational purposes only and do not replace the advice of medical professionals, not everyone experiences the same energy or results.